im-bibe - /ɪmˈbaɪb/ [im-bahyb] -bibed, -bib·ing. verb (used with object)
1. to consume (liquids) by drinking; drink; 2. to absorb or soak up, as water, light, or heat; 3. to take or receive into the mind, as knowledge, ideas, or the like



Friday, November 11, 2011

2009 Olema Cabernet Sauvignon

When I told the sales guy at Total Wine how I felt about the wine in my previous three posts (loved the French Cabernet Franc, didn't like the Napa Cabernet Franc, liked the Malbec), he highly recommended this Cabernet Sauvignon from Sonoma. He told me that it had a lot of Cabernet Franc grapes in it and that it was his best wine under the $40. It was $19.99. He was probably right.

This is a very rich tasting wine for being under $20. It is very dark red and is a heavier taste than the previous three wines. But it was also very complex and tasty. Sort of spicy with slight tannin (bitter) after taste. My sister and I both agree that it is incredibly smooth. My sister thought it was oaky, but I disagree - and just to clarify, the label said it was cedar. It had a deep berry undertones and I can't wait for the T-bones to come off the grill. It seems like a perfect match.


1 comment:

  1. Follow up post - after months and months of trying to find a better wine, this one is still my favorite. Bought a few contenders this week, so we will see....

    ReplyDelete