im-bibe - /ɪmˈbaɪb/ [im-bahyb] -bibed, -bib·ing. verb (used with object)
1. to consume (liquids) by drinking; drink; 2. to absorb or soak up, as water, light, or heat; 3. to take or receive into the mind, as knowledge, ideas, or the like



Friday, May 4, 2012

Mendoza Station 2011 Torrontes

When the sales lady at Total Wine told me that this was the best white that she has tasted since she lived in Italy, I told her that I would take a bottle. It is summer time, and getting a little hot to be drinking red in the sun by the pool. So, when she said it was on sale for $5.99 per bottle, I said "Give me more!"

The first pleasant surprise was the cork - which came printed with a map of Argentina (in case I forget where that is) - it is the little things that please me.
The next pleasant surprise was the crisp, refreshing first sip of this wine. It is definitely a crowd-pleaser. Dry and not sweet, it has strong fruit undertones, with a subtle hint floral as well. A great bargain for the price. This wine is a steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment